Thursday, March 20, 2008

Welcome to my blog...

My name is Anika. I'm a Jamaican, living in South Florida. And I'm an author.

Since blogging is a relatively foreign concept for me, it will take me awhile to grow comfortable enough to start talking . . . typing. But when I do finally open up, watch out.

Over the next few months, you should hopefully be seeing more from me. By then, I should have gotten over all my phobias about being open with others . . . I hope.

I'll also be finished with school by the end of April (woohoo). This will free up a lot of time for me to write again. Unfortunately, I don't have enough time to dedicate to work, school, and my passion (bummer).

Anyway, shortly after school ends, my first book, a lesbian contemporary called Lust Bites: Good For Something will be published by Total-e-Bound Publishing (Yippee). The scheduled date is June 2008. Then two short stories will released by BookStrand, Inc.: Dessert Box in July 2008 and Reclaiming Nicola in August 2008 (big dreamy sigh).

I'm also currently working on a number of other books that should be ready for submission soon. But all that must wait until after school is done.

Stay tuned for more in the writing world of Anika. Until next time....Imagine

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Anika...discovered your blog. Well done on the books coming out. Now, I must tell you now that I have discovered your blog I expect many insights on a regular basis...I'm pushy like that

Anika Hamilton said...

Hi Amarinda...thank you for stopping by. I will do my best to provide the insights you so desire...:-)

Oh and push away...